Saturday, August 31, 2013

Knowing Your WHY: Distributors Chime In

"You have to know your WHY. Money is not what drives people. It has to be something bigger than that." --Alton Patterson, Blue Diamond




Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

We've spent this week talking about vision, and how WHY is more important than WHAT or HOW in both inspiring others and inspiring yourself. (Click here for the post.)

"When I first started doing network marketing, I thought the WHY concept was a little cheesy—I’ll be honest. I thought, 'I get it. You have to have a goal, a vision.' The more you participate the more you realize it’s not just about network marketing. I don’t care what you’re doing in life, you darn well better know why you’re doing it, or you’re not going to succeed." 
--Natalyn Lewis, Syntek Blue Diamond

This week we've shared the WHYs of some team leaders, so you can see what vision has driven those at the top levels of the company. (Click here and here and here for the posts.) And last month we asked you to tell us your WHYs and shared some of those in our August newsletter.

If you missed that, here are a few of the WHYs that drive our distributors.

Kenetha DeBose: I have two small girls and I want to spend time with them and not working for someone who won’t value me as a person or an employee. My time is precious and so is my family.

Tobi Adewusi: My kids, my spiritual life, time freedom.

Eva Sahr: My vision is to become financially free and expand the business in our home country, Liberia, and assist in rebuilding the country after a long and destructive Civil War. Our people need to be financially free and Syntek Global holds the key.

Zenas Asenso Ansah: The joy of helping people achieve their goals both financially and socially through a medium/situation that is already crying for a solution (rising fuel prices). To prove to others that you don’t have to be part of the Elite students or graduates to make an impact on lives.

Rick Gerrish: My WHY is to give my family what I never had as a child, the option to be close as a family and allow my children to go to the college they want and have the things they need, experience real vacations and see parts of the world most never see. I also want to be able to take care of my mother and make sure she can retire in comfort, not worrying about a thing in the world. 

So what is it that drives YOU? What is your WHY?

1 comment:

  1. Sharing my why? Because I have always wanted to work in some International NGO in the Peacebuilding and Humanitarian domain. But with Syntek Global, I can be a full time humanitarian ambassador and Peacebuilder independently and now partnering with this organizations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! All comments will be reviewed before posting. We encourage participation on our blog, but this is not the place for self-promotion. Self-promotion comments will not be published.